TAB KIDS exists to see children fully know and experience Christ in a way that will change their lives and those around them.
Our ministry is geared towards Kindergarten – 6th Grade. It is:
- Gospel-centered (focused on the Gospel message),
- Creative through hands-on, interactive learning,
- Fun (memorable adventure),
- Safe (physically, mentally, and spiritually),
- Life-changing (home, school, church, community),
- Collaborative (Regular communication with family members about child’s growth and needs), and
- Child-targeted (applicable, age-appropriate, through the eyes of a child).
When a person walks through the doors of the Family Life Center on Sunday morning, they are immediately greeted by our check-in volunteers. We use a secure web-based check-in system for the safety of you and your children. Each child and parent will receive a sticker with a matching code, and parent’s may proceed to drop-off their children in The Activity Center (Doors open at 9:50). Children are then able to have some free time with their friends before large group time where the children are engaged in a time of upbeat worship, Bible story videos, skits, memory verse games, and trivia time! Children are then dismissed to grade-level classrooms for hands-on learning with our small group leaders.
Every Sunday we go over our Who We Are statement. This ensures that kids know what is expected for them to be safe and have fun!
Who We Are: WE Respect WE stay together WE have fun!
Our curriculum is called The Gospel Project and you can find it at: http://www.lifeway.com/n/Product-Family/The-Gospel-Project/The-Gospel-Project-for-Kids.
We take our kids through the bible where they are able to see Jesus in every part!
What to Expect Throughout the Year:
- Kids Camp: A week long camp that runs from 9am-12 where kids learn a theme for the week through Worship, Drama, God Time, Crafts, Snacks, and Games.
- Fall Bash: A time where families and kids are invited from the community to come and partake in fall festivities. There are bounce houses, desserts, LOTS OF CANDY and a costume parade!
- Family Formal: A Tuesday night in February where families are invited to the Activity Center for Dancing and Food!
- Random events throughout the year: Movie Night, Bison’s Game, Family Picnic, Sledding Day, etc…
- Kids also have opportunities to be apart of the Christmas Production and Spring Musical (See Kairos Ministry for more details)
Whether you are a teen, parent, single or older, this ministry is for you. As a teen, there are so many ways to use your talents through acting, singing, teaching, playing and as well as kids looking up to the younger generation. As a parent, it is rewarding to engage with your child in a church setting and see what is happening in his or her ministry. The wisdom one brings as an older generation really helps shape the kids understanding of the gospel through life circumstances. The variety of ages that volunteer is so important for children to learn all different aspects of life and in many different ways. When you volunteer at TABKIDS! You will not be disappointed!
We are looking for small group leaders, new visitor hosts, members for our dance worship team, decorators, and any additional support that you may be able to provide to help prepare for Sunday morning.